Minding Your Email Manners: Tips to Steer clear of Offending Your Subscribers
Eight Tips Tip for Email Marketing
Email marketing is a very direct way to market your local business but it is additionally a very direct way to offend your subscribers if you go about it in the wrong manner. Keep reading for a few tips to keeping your business in your client’s good graces as well as out of their spam box.
1. Always send a confirmation email when people today sign up through your squeeze page or opt-in page. Have your subscriber confirm that they intended to opt-in as a subscriber. This will definitely ensure that someone else didn’t sign them up to your list.
2. You must keep the door open for any one on your list to unsubscribe. Produce a link for them to do so simply and quickly and send a confirmation message to verify they are the ones who opted out of your list. If they don’t want to be on your list, you don’t want them on it. You aren’t going to sell them on anything anyway.
3. Send material that you had originally promised. If you were meant to produce a newsletter on dog training, don’t try to promote real estate.
4. Be prompt in dealing with questions and complaints. Email is a fast method of communication, so don’t dilly dally in reacting to your list. You are going to have no excuse failing to respond.
5. Don’t bombard your list with a flood of messages on a daily basis. It is best to keep to the frequency you have stated on the sign-up page. The converse is furthermore true – if your customer expects a monthly newsletter, you are going to be a distant memory if you send it after six months. It is generally best to just sign up to an auto responder service to help you send out regular emails in the manner your subscribers expect.
6. To keep your emails from ending up in the spam box, ask your clients to add your email address to their address book to allow your emails through to their inbox. You can furthermore regularly remind them to check their spam box if they haven’t heard from you in a while as your emails might have mistakenly been sent directly there.
7. Give your list a way to reply back to you by always featuring the email address you would like them to utilize for replies. You never want to appear to be unreachable. People will think that you are not legitimate if they cannot get in touch with you in some fashion.
8. Do not offer your subscribers email address to another company without their permission. It is a breach of privacy and offensive to numerous individuals and just bad form, granting them all the more reason to unsubscribe.